To get to Annecy, there are many means of transport available. Train, plane, bus and car depending on your point of departure, we will guide you to get to Annecy in the best conditions.
You have chosen to come and spend a few days in Annecy. We take a look at the different ways of reaching the little Venice of the Alps by car, train or plane.
Coming to Annecy by car
If you come by car, you can use :
- From Lyon, Marseille, Grenoble or Chambéry: A 41 exit Annecy centre n°16
- From Paris, Geneva, Bourg-en-Bresse, Chamonix or Italy via the Mont-Blanc tunnel: A 41 exit Annecy Nord n°17
- From Chamonix or Italy: D 1203
- From Chambéry or Geneva: D 1201
- From Bourg-en-Bresse or Alberville: D 1508
The distances and travel times by car from Annecy to :
- Geneva: 42 km and 45 mn
- Chambéry: 50 km and 40 mn
- Grenoble: 100 km and 1 h 15
- Chamonix Mont-Blanc: 100 km and 1 h 10
- Lyon: 140 km and 1 h 30
- Marseille: 423 km and 4 hours
- Paris: 550 km and 5 hours
During your holiday in Haute-Savoie, you can buy an “Annecy” sticker to stick on your number plates. You can also use carpooling services for your road trip.
Mandatory snow tyres in Haute-Savoie
Since 1 November 2021, the law requires that from 1 November to 31 March, vehicles must be equipped with four winter tyres or removable anti-skid devices (metal snow chains, hybrid chains, textile chains, snow socks). You can read the details of this new regulation on snow tyres.
Coming to Annecy by train
To get to Annecy by train, you can use the TGV or the TER:
- The TGV with 5 direct TGV per day between Paris (Gare de Lyon) and Annecy. Approximate duration: 4 hours. http://www.sncf.com
- The TER, Trains Express Régionaux (Regional Express Trains) connect Annecy with the main towns in the region: Lyon, Valence, Grenoble, Chambéry and Chamonix.https://www.ter.sncf.com
Annecy’s SNCF and bus station is located in the centre of the town. There are several means of transport available: buses from the Annecy area, bike hire, a taxi service and bus routes to the mountains and villages around Lake Annecy.
Address: Place de la Gare, 74000 AnnecyOpening hours:Monday to Saturday: 05:00 – 23:30 Sunday and holidays: 06:15 – 23:30
Coming to Annecy by bus
Several bus companies offer Annecy as a destination from major French cities such as Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Toulouse, Nice, Nantes, Montpellier, Strasbourg, Lille, Grenoble, Rennes, Rouen, etc. Arrival is at the Annecy bus station.
The companies involved are
Coming to Annecy by plane
Depending on your destination airport :
Lyon Saint-Exupéry airport
- 125 km away, you can reach Annecy by bus or train. 1 hour 15 minutes by car or taxi, 1 hour 50 minutes by train and 2 hours by bus. http://www.lyonaeroports.com/
- 45 km away, you can reach Annecy by public or private shuttles or by bus: http: //transdevhautesavoie.com Duration: 2 hours by bus, 45 minutes by car, taxi or shuttle. http://www.gva.ch/
- 575 km away: Orly or Roissy-Charles de Gaulle. https://www.parisaeroport.fr/
Then by train or car to Annecy. Times vary depending on the airport and train station chosen.
- 40 km away, you can reach Annecy by car, bus or train. 35 minutes by car, 45 minutes by bus and 53 minutes by train. http://www.chambery-airport.com/fr
- Located in the Annecy area, it offers business flights to all European destinations. More information on : Annecy-Meythet airport
If you are staying in Annecy for only one day or if you have to wait for your accommodation, you can consult our guide to find luggage storage. You can consult our guide to find luggage lockers or even lockers.