Renting a flat or house in Annecy for the holidays is often a budget-friendly solution if you are coming with your family. Many houses have a swimming pool and are located near the shores of Lake Annecy. The flats in the Old Town of Annecy have a lot of charm and character.
Tips for a quiet holiday rental in Annecy
Holiday rentals are sought after by people who come to Annecy to enjoy the lake, the mountains, the Animated Film Festival, the Alpages Descent or the Alpine Christmas Village. There are many opportunities to spend a few days in the little Venice of the Alps.
We offer you some advice for your holiday rental:
- Flat or house? If you want to enjoy the lake and do sports around Annecy, your choice will be more towards a villa. If you want to enjoy Annecy’s city centre, its monuments and its markets, it is more practical to choose a flat, preferably in the Old Town, which is very lively.
- Who to rent from? There are serious websites that put people in touch with each other. Payments are secure and the ads are verified. You can also go by word of mouth; recommendations are a guarantee of quality. Do not pay a deposit until you are sure of the seriousness of the ad.
- Ask for a full description of the property: The best thing to do is to phone and ask for availability if you are dealing directly with the owner. In any case, you should know the rental conditions, the charges, the services included (bed linen, cleaning), the address, the surface and the number of rooms. You should also see as many photos as possible to make your choice. Also check the cancellation policy.
- The presence of a contact on site: this is essential for the handover of the keys and the inventory of fixtures on departure.
- A seasonal rental contract is compulsory, and its proper drafting is a guarantee of seriousness. The French Tourism Code specifies that: “Any offer or contract for seasonal rental must be in writing and contain an indication of the price charged as well as a description of the premises”.
- Geographical location: provide information on its distance from the centre of Annecy and from Lake Annecy. Whether a parking space is included. The Old Town of Annecy is a popular destination, but there is no parking, so a public car park on the outskirts should be provided. When renting a house, ask about local shops, the area around Lake Annecy has many mini-markets and supermarkets.
Which areas and periods to choose for your rental?
It is difficult to choose the best place for your rental, as there are so many small villages and beaches all around the lake. To help you, we offer you the guide to the beaches of Lake Annecy.
Depending on the time of year, there is often a festival or show not to be missed. You can consult the list of cultural events in Annecy.
To enjoy the mountains in winter and summer, you have the choice in Haute-Savoie, many ski resorts are close to Annecy.
Other types of tourist accommodation
- Gites and guest rooms
- Unusual accommodation
- Holiday villages and tourist residences
- Youth hostels
- Camping-car areas