For some people, Sunday is a time to rest, for others it is a time for family, walks, skiing, fishing, swimming and many other activities. But you still need to know what you can do on Sundays in Annecy or the surrounding area!
Open on Sunday?
Even if most of the shops are closed and everyone is on a weekend, or almost, Sunday remains a lively day where you can find, with a few exceptions, everything you would find during the week. Here you will find addresses of shops to help you out, some suggestions for outings, activities, visits and places to discover on Sundays, alone, with friends or family, with children.
Sunday leisure activities in Annecy
Markets & Flea markets
Every Sunday morning, the Annecy market in the old town offers food products only. Also in Annecy, there is a market dedicated to producers, which takes place on the Place des Rhododendrons.More info: Annecy markets
Tourism & Culture
Sundays in the Annecy region are ideal for visits and discoveries. Many places await you and open their doors to you. You can thus take advantage of this day off to visit museums, castles and other wonders of our communes. Tofind out more: Tourism and culture on Sundays
Beaches and swimming pools
Whether in Annecy or in all the communes around the lake, you will find numerous free or paying beaches, as well as swimming pools, covered, outside or inside. Ideal to enjoy your Sunday with your feet in the water.More information: Beaches and pools
When the weather makes it impossible to go for a walk or do sports, a good movie is a must. Annecy has several cinemas with a wide range of films, from mainstream to arthouse. It’s up to you to choose the cinema that suits you best. More information : Annecy cinemas
Shops open on Sundays in Annecy
It’s not easy to find shops open on Sundays and public holidays, but some shops are open anyway and allow you to be helped out, even on weekends. These are mainly food shops (delicatessens, bakeries, butchers, delicatessens, etc.)
Au petit Terroir
Open on Sundays from 9.30am to 7pmAddress:3 rue Sainte Claire Résidence de la Tarentaise 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Le Potager Savoyard
Open on Sundays from 8.45am to 12pmAddress:67 Avenue de Genève 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
La Halle Fermière
Family grocery shopOpen on Sundays from 8.30am to 12.30pmAddress:11 Avenue de la République 74960 AnnecyGeolocation
Pastry shops and tea rooms
Philippe Rigollot’s pastry shop and tearoom
Open on Sunday from 8am to 1pmAddress:1 Place Georges Volland 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
La Rose des Neiges Pastry Shop & Tearoom
Open on Sunday from 10 am to 6 pmAddress:2 Rue Jean-Jacques Rousseau 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Bakeries and pastry shops
Boulangerie & Pâtisserie Stéphane
Open on Sundays from 7 a.m. to 12 p.m.Address:26 Avenue du Parc des Sports 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Open on Sundays from 9 am to 12.30 pmAddress:20 Avenue de Cran 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
La Maison des Fleurs
Open on Sundays from 9am to 1pmAddress:10 Avenue de Thônes 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
L’Atelier du Fleuriste
Open on Sunday from 10am to 12.30pmAddress:11 Rue de la République 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Open on sunday from 9am to 12.30pmAddress:4 Rue de la République 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Open on Sundays from 8.30am to 8.30pmAddress:28 Boulevard de la Rocade 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
À Fleur d’O
Open on Sundays from 9.30am to 12.30pmAddress:24 Avenue du Parmelan 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Open on Sundays from 09:00 to 12:30Address: 76 Avenue de France 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Open on Sunday mornings from 8am to 12.30pmAddress:2 rue de l’île 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Maison Boudet – Boucherie des Pommaries
Open on Sunday mornings from 7am to 12.30pmAddress: 11 rue des Pommaries 74940 Annecy-le-VieuxGeolocation
Halal certified French meat
Open on Sundays from 9am to 7.30pmAddress:109 Avenue de Genève 74000 AnnecyGeolocation
Crèmerie du Parc
2, rue Centrale 74940 Annecy-le-VieuxGeolocationTel : 04 50 23 51 56 Open on Sunday from 9 am to 12.15 pm
Crèmerie du Thiou
11, avenue de la République Cran-GevrierGeolocationTel : 04 50 62 39 80 Open on Sunday from 9 am to 12.15 pm
- The Tabac Presse Le France Annecy offers a small bar, the press and a small grocery shop (food and alcohol). It is located at 22 Avenue de France, 74000 Annecy. It is open from 8am to 7pm on Sundays.
- Le tabac d’Elya also has a small bar, press and a small terrace. It is located at 2 Rue Georges Martin, 74000 Annecy. Access is easier from Avenue Gambetta, just before the roundabout of the gendarmerie on the right. It is open on Sundays from 9am to 1pm and from 4pm to 7pm.
- The Tabac Mag Press office is located at 2 rue des Grillons in Meythet, it is also a grocery shop and café, it is open on Sundays from 7am to 4pm.
- Chez Jean: place de la Gare. Located inside the station, this small mini-market also sells food. Open on Sundays from 9 am to 6.30 pm.
Supermarkets and hypermarkets
For supermarkets, on Sunday mornings, you will find all the small stores, such as Super U, Carrefour (Market, City), Casino, open in principle from 8 am to 12 pm. Recently, the hypermarkets Carrefour, Auchan and Géant Casino have also opened on Sunday mornings. In the afternoon, it is more difficult to find a shop to do your shopping.
However, there are some:
- Spar in Poisy from 8am to 8pm: 48 Route des Creusettes, 04 50 24 53 28
- Vival in Annecy (North ) from 9am to 1pm and 3pm to 9pm: 2, rue Georges Martin, 09 51 76 93 71
- Vival in Annecy (centre) from 9am to 1pm and from 3pm to 9pm: 1, rue de l’industrie, 09 52 33 28 32
- Le petit Casino in Annecy le vieux from 8.30am to 1pm and 4pm to 7.30pm.
- Casino supermarket in Annecy from 8.30am to 7pm: 50 avenue du Parmelan, 04 50 09 19 00.
Our guide to hypermarkets and shopping centres in Annecy can help you.
McDonald’s is open every Sunday from 9am to 11pm (midnight at the drive-through). There are 4 in the agglomeration.
- McDonald’s Annecy: it is located at the northern exit of the town in the direction of Pringy in the Carrefour shopping centre.
- McDo Sévrier: this is located on the D1508 in the direction of Saint Jorioz on the side of the road, opposite the port of Sévrier.
- McDo Seynod: at the southern exit of the town, in the direction of Aix les Bains, at the Géant shopping centre.
- McDo Épagny: located in the Grand Épagny shopping area, in the direction of Frangy.
- Burger King Centre Annecy Bonlieu: located opposite the lake in the Bonlieu centre, open from 11am to 11pm.
- Burger King Cran: at Pont neuf, open from 11am to midnight.
- Burger King Épagny: located in the Grand Épagny shopping area, towards Frangy, open from 11 a.m. to midnight.
- KFC Seynod: At the southern exit of the town in the direction of Aix les Bains, at the Géant shopping centre, open from 11am to 11pm.
Pharmacy and doctors on duty
Illnesses and viruses never wait for the doctors and pharmacies to be open during the week or the day to get to you, so there are several solutions.
- 1 avenue de l’hôpital 74370 Épagny Metz Tessy from 8 am to 10 pm
- SOS Médecins 24 h/24 in Annecy: 40 Avenue de la Maveria, 74940 Annecy 09 52 42 48 37
- On-call pharmacy on the website www.3237.fr or by telephone on 3237
Two medical facilities are available:
- Centre Hospitalier Annecy Genevois: Service des Urgences 1 Avenue de l’Hôpital, 74370 Épagny Metz-Tessy 04 50 63 66 01 – 24 h/24
- Clinique Générale Annecy: Emergency Department, 4 Chemin de la Tour la Reine, 74000 Annecy 04 56 41 22 26 – 24 h/24
Discover the list of all emergency services and numbers, as well as their addresses.