If you work in the animated image, video game, audiovisual or web production sectors, the Annecy area offers many jobs in this speciality. We offer you a presentation of this sector and the different profiles that are sought by Annecy companies.
CITIA: a centre of excellence in Annecy
The Cité de l’Image en Mouvement (CITIA) is a public centre of excellence which carries out its missions in three areas:
- Culture with the International Animation Film Festival (FIFA) which takes place every year in Annecy.
- The economy, with the mission of encouraging the development of local companies linked to this sector, in particular the Papeteries – Image factory. The International Animation Film Market (MIFA) is an event where many recruitments take place every year.
- Training with: the Gobelins school, a master’s degree in Strategy and Digital Communication at the University of Savoie and a professional master’s degree in Transmedia taught in Annecy by Sciences Po Grenoble.
This dynamic from the public authorities creates good conditions for developing employment in this field.
Annecy’s Images and Creative Industries sector
According to a study by the Haute-Savoie department, 46% of companies in this sector have difficulty hiring in Annecy, 79% have recourse to outsourcing of resources and 65% work with freelance profiles. This is therefore a real opportunity to hire if you want to set up in Annecy.
This professional sector includes more than 1,400 jobs and more than 240 companies in Annecy. The estimated turnover exceeds 130 M €. There are four main types of company:
- Video game development studios: this is essentially the Ubisoft studio which develops titles such as Assassin’s Creed, Splinter Cell, Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 in collaboration with Massive studio. Ubisoft employs 260 people at its Annecy site. Numerous positions are regularly available, such as 3D programmer, art director, game designer, FX artist and technical director for animation.
- Communication agencies: They offer global or digital communication in the creation of digital content, websites, 3D animation and the production of audiovisual media. The following companies in particular are present: MNSTR, Félix, Activmag, Signature Communication, Altimax, Net Design and La Société Secrète.
- Web and mobile agencies: These companies create websites, increasingly oriented towards mobile applications. They are also looking for profiles in 2D and 3D animation and graphic design. The following companies in particular are representative: Paprika, Funky Sound, Studio, 3D Concepts Studio, AboutGoods Company and La Maison du Net.
- Audiovisual production studios: These include production for television, the web, cinema and animated films. Post-production jobs are also sought after by these companies. Calibra Annecy, 8 Mont Blanc, Econa and In the box are present in Annecy.
These companies produce, distribute and broadcast virtual images for multimedia, animated films, video games and audiovisuals. Do not hesitate to contact these companies or to send an unsolicited application, as the image professions are always recruiting in Annecy.
Les Papeteries : Image factory
Les Papeteries: Image factory is an economic ecosystem supported by the public authorities to host companies in the animation, video game, audiovisual and multimedia sectors. This federating place is one of the driving forces of the animated image sector in Annecy.
This space brings together more than 50 companies in Annecy, from start-ups to SMEs. There are also six training centres including the Gobelins school in Annecy. You will also find a residence with 28 flats for employees in the sector. Depending on your job search, you will certainly find a company looking for your profile. The paper mills also offer a space dedicated to business creation with an incubator.
We suggest you visit the institutional website of the paper mills: Image factory.