The Albigny beach is the largest beach inAnnecy and extends over several hundred metres. To get there, just walk along the Pâquier, past the Impérial Palace and continue in the direction of the small port of Annecy le vieux. You will find for your comfort: Snacks, ice cream parlours and free toilets. This beach is supervised during the day.
This beach is one of the only free beaches in Annecy, along with the Marquisats beach. The bottom of the lake is made up of sand and the gentle slope makes it easier for the youngest to get into the water.
Facilities at Albigny beach
- Free toilets
- Free showers
- Ice cream vendor (Glaciers)
- Free parking
- Daytime supervision: in July and August from 11am to 7pm.
- Floating wheelchairs available for PRMs to facilitate launching.
The surroundings of Albigny beach
- Numerous bars, snack bars and restaurants
- Hotel de l’Impérial 4**** located on the right of the beach offers a spa, a swimming pool and 91 rooms
- The 4**** Rivage & Spa d’Annecy hotel, located just opposite the beach with 123 rooms
- Minigolf (between the beach and the imperial palace)
- Pedal boat and boat rental (just after the beach towards Veyrier-du-Lac)
- Public transport
- Cycle path around Lake Annecy
- Port of Annecy-le-Vieux, which allows boats to be launched
- Rowing club
- Petanque court and refreshment bar
- Free parking in front of the beach with places for camping-cars
Avenue du Petit Port 74940 Annecy-le-Vieux Tel: 04 50 23 86 00
You can extend these moments of relaxation by walking past the beach, towards Veyrier, on a pedestrian walk on pontoons. This 400-metre long route is equipped with toilets and chairs, and there is also access to the lake for a more leisurely swim in summer.