Lake Annecy is a remarkable site in France for sailing. Sailboat, catamaran, dinghy, optimist, windsurf, whatever your favourite craft, you will enjoy sailing on the lake.
Sailing in Annecy
Numerous sailing clubs and sailing circles offer the opportunity to practice sailing in complete safety with real enthusiasts at your side.
If you are just passing through, you can hire a dinghy or a small catamaran to enjoy the majestic mountains surrounding Lake Annecy.
The wind is rarely very strong on this stretch of water, which is very pleasant for sailing trips.
What sailing sports can be practised on the lake?
Whether you are a seasoned freshwater sailor or just passing through, there are several sailing sports available on Lake Annecy:
- Monohull sailing (optimist, dinghy, sailboat).
Where can you go sailing on the lake?
- Saint-Jorioz nautical base (opening end of April)
- Veyrier water sports centre
- Nautical station of Sévrier
How to sail in Annecy ?
If you want to learn sailing in a sailing school and improve your skills, or discover sailing, there are several possibilities in Annecy:
- Sailing courses: You can, for example, enrol at the SRVA sailing school (the Annecy sailing regatta society) for a course of 5 half days, 5 days or a weekend.
- Private lessons: Private lessons are available for both children and adults, if you request them. The SRVA sailing school is affiliated to the French Sailing Federation.
- Discovery sessions: depending on the club, discovery sessions are possible.
- Sailing seminars and group sessions: some sailing clubs such as UNCA offer seminars and group sessions.
The basics of sailing
Whatever the type of course or training course you choose, it is important to acquire some basic notions:
- Sailing techniques: knowing the origin of the wind, maintaining your course, keeping the balance of the ship,
- Manoeuvres:the types of sails to be hoisted, moored, tacked, rigged and unrigged,
- The different types ofknots to know,
- The different types of knots to know, the instructions and behaviour to follow in terms of safety.
You should always bring the necessary personal equipment: sports clothes, windbreaker, water shoes, towel, change of clothes, sun cream, glasses and a cap.
Regattas on Lake Annecy
Many regattas are organised several times a month. We propose you the calendar of these regattas.
These are races of a good level, which take place in an excellent atmosphere. Good meals often close these days.
Sailing clubs in Annecy
- Sailing school of the SRVA (Société des Régates à Voile d’Annecy)
- Sailing club of Sévrier
- UNCA (Union Nautique Corporative Annecy-le-Vieux)
- VCN (Veyrier Nautical Club)
- Club Nautique de Doussard, sailing school
- Cercle Nautique de Talloires – FFA
- Saint-Jorioz International Sailing Club