The village of Talloires-Montmin on the right bank of Lake Annecy is located against the Roc de Chère, a nature reserve and on the edge of the small lake. Its altitude is 469 metres.
Talloires-Montmin is a village in Haute-Savoie in the Rhône-Alpes region located 15 km south-east of Annecy. The population of Talloires, which has merged with the village of Montmin, is more than 2,000 inhabitants, known as Talloiriens and Talloiriennes. The town covers an area of 2069 hectares and is part of the Grand Annecy community.
Talloires is close to the communes of Menthon Saint Bernard, Bluffy, Alex on the eastern shore of Lake Annecy at an altitude of 471 metres.
Show and festival
The town is very popular with fans of detective stories during its festival Les Pontons flingueurs in June. In August, a unique show takes place, the Pyroconcerts de Talloires, this event offers fireworks coupled with live concerts.
- An eco-shuttle allows residents and tourists to travel free of charge throughout the commune without taking their car.
- Bus shuttles connect all the beaches of Lake Annecy during the summer. During the whole year, the 61 line connects the town to Annecy.
- Lake shuttles link the coastal communes, with a direct link between Annecy and Talloires.
The best rated hotels
Depending on your budget, we have selected five hotels near Talloires which offer excellent value for money and have very good customer reviews:
L’Abbaye de Talloires
The abbey dates back more than 1,000 years, nowadays a luxury hotel welcomes you in a modern comfort. The view over the bay of Talloires is magnificent. You can have lunch either in the gastronomic restaurant or in the brasserie.
From 330 € per night.
Hotel Cottage Bise
A beautiful establishment run by the Bise family, located in Talloires opposite Lake Annecy, offering 35 air-conditioned rooms with a heated outdoor swimming pool and a spa for relaxation.
From 194 € per night.
The hotel des Grillions in Talloires is located at the edge of the lake with 32 rooms, 2 of which are adapted for disabled people. Numerous facilities are offered: swimming pool with jacuzzi, terrace with a large park with palm trees. The restaurant offers an excellent cuisine based on fresh products.
From 104 € per night.
Beau Site Talloires
A very nice hotel which welcomes you on the banks of Lake Annecy with 32 beautiful rooms with balcony or terrace (including 2 for PRM). The beach bar allows you to enjoy the private beach. The chef of the restaurant Daniel Leyendecker serves a refined cuisine based on local products.
Prices start at € 187 per night.
Located in the commune of Veyrier-du-lac, near Talloires, the establishment is in the centre of the village opposite the lake. We recommend the restaurant for its fine cuisine. A free underground car park is located nearby.
From 99 € per night.
Gastronomy and restaurants to discover
There are no less than three starred restaurants not to be missed:
- The gastronomic restaurant of the Abbaye de Talloires
- Les Terrasses du Cottage
- L’auberge du père Bise
There are also in the maze of the alleys of Talloires and on the heights of Montmin, much more affordable restaurants which offer gourmet menus:
Located two kilometres from the centre of Talloires, the chef Sébastien Blanchin develops a tasty cuisine with respect to fresh products. At lunchtime, a large terrace allows you to discover the dish of the day.
In the evening, the market menu is offered in the restaurant which opens onto the garden. You can also take away the home-made ice creams.
Address: 1199 route d’Angon, Talloires, 74290 Talloires-Montmin.
La ferme de la Forclaz
This Savoyard restaurant is located in a part of the working farm. The windows give a view of the barn. The cheese specialities produced on site are delicious.
We particularly recommend the potato fritters. You can watch the cows being milked.
Address: 14 rue des Tilleuls, Col de la Forclaz, Montmin, 74210 Talloires-Montmin.
Refuge du pré Verel
This high altitude refuge is located at the foot of the Tournette, 15 minutes from Talloires. It used to be an old sheepfold. The dishes are delicious: trumpet of death pie, Angus beef rib and cep fondue.
Address: 156 route du col de l’Aulp, Montmin, Talloires, 74210 Talloires-Montmin.
Open from 8/05 to 10/10.
Monuments and tourist sites
- Church of St Germain: it was built in 1780 above the cave where Germain, the first prior of the Abbey of Talloires lived as a hermit from 1033 to 1060. A free guided tour is offered on the site.
- Abbaye de Talloires: first a chapel then a monastery, the abbey was built in the 17th century by Benedictine monks. Today it is a 4-star hotel****.
- Guided tour of Talloires “Pearl of the Lake”: a heritage guide will show you around: Lake Annecy, the abbey, the priory, the church and the village of Talloires, on Tuesdays from 4 to 6 pm in July and August.
- In the centre of the village, the Abondance art gallery allows you to discover the animal paintings of Blandine Jeanroy.Address: 10, route du Crêt, 74290 Talloires-Montmin.
- The Expression d’Artistes gallery exhibits sculptors and painters from different artistic movements. It is also an opportunity to discover new talents and renowned artists.Address: 637, route de l’Égalité, 74290 Talloires-Montmin. Admission is free.
- Ciné Talloires has a 120-seat cinema with a programme produced by volunteers from the Talloires sports club. The films are shown in V.O. all year round.Address: Place du Lavoir, Centre Bourg, under the “8 à Huit” shop, 74290 Talloires-Montmin.
Remarkable natural sites in Talloires
During your holidays in the Annecy region, we recommend the following two excursions:
- Roc de Chère Reserve: This magnificent nature reserve is located on a rocky outcrop overlooking Lake Annecy. The particularly mild climate allows pine trees to grow and beautiful salamanders can be seen.
- Cascade d’Angon: this walk allows you to discover a remarkable site where you can also do climbing and canyoning.
- The forest road of Talloires-Montmin: You have to go just after the hamlet of Ponnay, leaving the road that goes up to Planfait. For more than 5 km at an altitude of 900 m, it will lead you to the road to the Col de la Forclaz. This is a high quality family walk that can be done all year round. Magnificent views of the lake and surrounding mountains punctuate the walk. Important: motorised vehicles are not allowed on this road.
- The Pont des Fées: you have to go to the site of the Angon waterfall to make this pretty walk. The best time to go is in the spring, when the snow is melting. The stream that passes under the old bridge has become large.
Cultural and educational facilities
Ciné Talloires offers a year-round programme in a 120-seat cinema located in the centre of the village. It is run by 15 volunteers. The films are in V.O.
The Ni Chis Ni Mus company: offers two theatrical performances per year in the form of an annual contemporary show. Rehearsals take place on Wednesday evenings from 6 to 9 pm and are open to all.
The nursery and primary school is located Route du Crêt, 74 290 Talloires-Montmin.
The proximity of Lake Annecy and the large mountains allow sportsmen and women to play on an exceptional playing field:
- Golf: the magnificent Lake Annecy golf course is located on the edge of the Roc de Chère.
- Paragliding sites: Planfait, Col de la Forclaz are among the most sought after in Europe.
- Tennis club: 4 courts await you with shaded terraces and state-certified instructors.
- Parcours Accro’Aventures is ideal for discovering tree climbing with the family.
- The diving school “Profil Plongée” is open all year round. For first dives but also for exploration dives.
- Water sports club: to learn and improve your water skiing, wakeboarding and monoskiing skills.
- Boules Lyonnaise and pétanque club and courts
Also find the beach: Talloires beach
The Femmes en Montagne festival
This festival was created by the association “On n’est pas que des collants”. It is the first film festival dedicated to women in the mountains to develop women’s activities and to promote gender diversity. The event takes place in November jointly in Annecy and Talloires with four to five evenings of screenings in theatres.
During the health crisis, the event takes a hybrid form with a number of online digital screenings. The public can submit films of up to 14 minutes or long formats on the Freefilmway platform.
Market in Talloires
The local producers’ market in this typical Haute-Savoie village is held every Thursday morning from 8am to 1pm in the village centre. It is only open during the summer months.
You can shop for fresh produce: cheese, honey, roast chicken, fruit and vegetables.
Car parks in Talloires-Montmin
A large part of the village of Talloires is not accessible by car, we advise you to park in the two large car parks located at the entrance to the town centre which have more than 350 spaces.
At the level of Montmin, to access the site of Planfait which allows you to practice accrobranche and to see the takeoff of the paragliders, you can park along the forest road. Parking is often saturated in the summer.
The town hall
Town hall of Talloires-Montmin27 rue Andre Theuriet 74290 Talloires-MontminTel: 04.50.66.76.54Site of the Town hall of Talloires-MontminThe tourist officeof Talloires-Montmin