Veyrier du lac is a small village at the gates of the city of Annecy on the eastern shore of Lake Annecy in the direction of Talloires or Menthon Saint Bernard.
Veyrier du lac is a small town of 2,300 inhabitants, known as the Veyrolains and Veyrolaines, which is situated at an altitude of between 440 and 1290 metres. It is situated at the foot of Mont Veyrier and borders the villages of Menthon Saint Bernard, Alex and the town of Annecy-le-Vieux. This small, very touristy commune is also the one where property prices are the highest around Annecy.
Tourist and sports sites in Veyrier
There are many activities to enjoy during your stay in the Annecy region and more particularly in Veyrier:
- The beach of La Brune in Veyrier is easily accessible. The car park is not free, but you can park in the centre of the village for free. The chalet offers refreshments and food.
- The sailing club offers the opportunity to learn and improve the following sports: sailing, windsurfing, paddling, kayaking and board sports. Sailboats, windsurfers and paddles are available for hire and are ideal for exploring Lake Annecy.
- For tennis enthusiasts on holiday, the Veyrier club has three clay courts and two hard courts. Courses and lessons are available throughout the year.
- The paths of Mont Veyrier are signposted and allow you to enjoy beautiful walks accessible to the greatest number of people.
- The Château de Ruaz or de Fésigny (16th century), built around 1380, has changed owners several times and is located above the main town, but cannot be visited.
Restaurants to discover
This beautiful village on the shores of Lake Annecy offers gourmets several quality establishments.
1801 Monsieur Bleu
This restaurant is located at the entrance of the village coming from Annecy. The bistronomic cuisine is served on the terrace in front of the lake. A lounge bar and a petanque court are available for customers.
Address: 91 route de Chavoire, 74290 Veyrier-du-Lac. Closed in case of bad weather.
Relais & Châteaux Yoann Conte – Bord du lac
This beautiful Michelin-starred restaurant offers inventive gastronomic cuisine based on local produce and seasonality. Fish from the lake and the flavours of Savoie are given pride of place.
Customers can enjoy a beautiful terrace and a walk in the botanical gardens after the meal.
Address: 13 vieille route des Pensières, 74290 Veyrier-du-Lac.
This traditional restaurant serves quality family cuisine. The shaded terrace offers a beautiful view of the lake. Savoyard specialities are on the menu.
Address: 14 route d’Annecy, 74290 Veyrier-du-Lac.
The best rated hotels
Depending on your budget, we have selected five hotels near Veyrier-du-Lac that offer excellent value for money and have very good customer reviews:
In Veyrier-du-Lac, this hotel is ideally located facing the lake with a beautiful panorama of the Bauges mountains. The hotel has been renovated in a contemporary style. The restaurant offers refined Italian-inspired cuisine.
Rates start at €99 per night.
Located in the neighbouring town of Annecy-le-Vieux, this beautiful hotel is opposite the Albigny beach. It has all the facilities with a private car park, which is very useful during the busy summer season. Annecy city centre is a 15-minute walk away.
From 121 € per night.
Opposite the Albigny peninsula, this hotel, formerly known as “Le Faisan Doré”, offers spacious rooms with a contemporary decor. Its restaurant “L’Assiette Rouge” is a very inspired gourmet creperie. A beautiful address.
From 161 € per night.
Beau Site Talloires
On the shores of Lake Annecy in Talloires, this hotel complex has 32 rooms. Connecting rooms are available for families. The facilities are of a high standard with a private beach, swimming pool and spa. The restaurant is refined with a cuisine inspired by fresh seasonal products.
From €187 per night.
Hotel de Bonlieu
In the city centre of Annecy, this beautiful hotel allows you to discover the city and the lake on foot. The rooms are air-conditioned with minibar, free WI-Fi internet access. The reception is open 24 hours a day.
From 143 € per night.
Market in Veyrier-du-Lac
The weekly market in this beautiful village on the shores of Lake Annecy is held every Friday morning on the Place de la Poste from 8am to 12pm.
Local producers offer fish, fruit and vegetables, local cheeses and charcuterie.
Several structures welcome children from nursery to primary school:
- For the youngest children: the multi-accueil “Les Epéles” is composed of a collective crèche of 41 places and a family crèche of 12 places accompanied by three approved childminders. Address: place des Epèles.
- The Alice Déléan school, located in rue des Écoliers, has 129 pupils and a canteen and a nursery.
- School transport to and from secondary schools is provided by Voyage Crolard.
Services and administrations
The post office
The post office is located at: 31 rue de la Tournette.Opening hours: Tuesday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and from 2 p.m. to 4.30 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
The Cinémathèque des Pays de Savoie
Located at 12 bis route d’Annecy, in place of theold cable car station which led to the summit of Mont Veyrier, the Cinémathèque des Pays de Savoie et de l’Ain preserves and offers the audiovisual memory of the Savoie region. It consists of amateur films and archive documents on life in these departments in the 20th century.
Parking in Veyrier-du-Lac
You can park in several public car parks in this town on the banks of the lake in Annecy:
- The free covered car park in the town centre, which is practical for visiting the village, but has a small capacity.
- The beach car park: this car park and all the spaces along the road leading to the port are subject to a charge. Parking meter rate: 2 € per hour.
7 Place Charles Mérieux 74290 Veyrier-du-LacTel : 04.50.60.10.13 Opening hours : Monday to Friday : 8.30am to 12pm Veyrier-du-Lac Town Hall website