The Maxi-Race du lac d’Annecy is a famous trail race that takes place every year in May. The race offers magnificent views of the lake and the mountains.
A playground between lake and mountains
This race is not just a trail. It is a pretext for self-discovery and the wonders of the Alps. The different formats proposed allow each runner to evolve according to his expectations and capacities: short trails, ultra, marathons, solo or in relay. The common points are the magic of the landscapes and the encounter with a preserved nature. The routes pass through the Semnoz, the Bauges, Doussard, Veyrier and Menthon-Saint-Bernard.
Over the years, the organisers have developed the concept of this race in order to satisfy the maximum number of competitors:
- Promote the region: the routes follow the most beautiful itineraries around Lake Annecy.
- Develop social links: 15 associations are involved, with 600 volunteers. 30 to 40,000 € are donated to partner associations.
- Races designed by runners for runners, with the aim of enhancing the experience.
- An eco-responsible race: reduction of plastic, short supply lines or organic.
Activities will be organised at the starting point, at the Albigny beach, including a marching band and a wheel of chance to win organic products at the Greenweez stand.
The different races
The Maxi-Race du lac d’Annecy is a major trail event in France. Several types of races are proposed:
- The Ultra Race is a 114 km course with 7,000 m D+ (positive difference in altitude) which circles the lake with a loop in the Bauges massif.
- The Maxi-Race is a 88 km and 5,200 m D+event. The R-Race 4 is reserved for competitors who live in the Savoie.
- The Marathon Race over 39 km and 2,900 m D+.
- The Marathon Experience over 45 km and 2,400 D+.
- And finally, the Short Race over 16 km and 950 m D+ which is also available in a version reserved for women.
There are also races for children. The courses are ITRA certified and have been awarded the “UTMB World Series Qualifiers”.
The i-Run Maxi-Village is the centre of the event and is located on the Albigny beach. It is the place to pick up your race numbers, the start of the long races, the finish line and the exhibitors’ village.Address: 27 avenue du Petit Port, 74000 Annecy.
For the Marathon Experience, the Short and the Fémina-Race, shuttles are available upon reservation. For the Marathon Race and the orienteering races, shuttles are compulsory to start the races.
Bibs can be collected the day before the start by reserving one-hour time slots. The Maxi-Race around Lake Annecy is a magnificent race. It is nevertheless demanding and requires appropriate physical preparation to finish the race or aim for a time.
The 2023 edition
In 2023, the Maxi Race will take place from 26 to 28 May. The race will take place on many trails around Annecy and will offer a beautiful view of the lake. Several races can be done depending on the level of each person.
The 2022 edition
The race is back to its historical dates. The Greenweez Maxi-Race of Annecy 2022 will take place on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 May. 5,000 runners were present for this occasion.