The visit of Annecy can be done in guided tours, this formula is interesting because you will have the services of a lecturer guide approved by the Ministry of Culture, to not miss anything of the historical and cultural information of the city.
We offer you a selection of the best guided tours: Old Annecy, the Ancienne Boutae, Palais de l’Isle, Musée du Film d’Animation, Musée du Château d’Annecy and Basilique de la Visitation.
Guided tour of Old Annecy
Don’t miss out on the secrets and history of the monuments of the Old Town of Annecy. You will discover the charms of the colourful streets of the Renaissance style.
- Every day in summer from 1 July to 31 August 2020 at 10.30 am and 3 pm
- From 15 July to 15 August 2020, visit in the mornings at 10.30 am and in the afternoons at 3.30 pm
One price: €6.50. Free for children under 12 accompanied by an adult. The guided tour includes admission to the Museum-Castle and the Island Palace.
Tickets on sale at the Tourist Office on the day of the tour:
Centre Bonlieu1 rue Jean Jaurès – 74000 Annecy
Tel : 04 50 45 00 78
Independent guides also offer a 2-hour guided tour of Old Annecy for a fee of €150 per group of 4 to 20 people. The programme proposes the following circuit: Town Hall, Saint-Maurice church, Italians church, Old Prisons, Sainte Claire square and Annecy Castle.
One-hour Segway tours are a fun way to discover the city. You will be accompanied by a professional who will guide you through the streets and on the Pâquier.
Finally, for tourists arriving from Geneva, half-day or day trips are organised by bus from Switzerland.
Guided tours “L’Ancienne Boutae
In partnership with the Municipal Archives of Annecy, this tour offers archival images and a walk in the Roman quarter to discover the Gallo-Roman past of the ancient Boutae which was to become Annecy.
More information: Boutae: the Gallo-Roman past of Annecy
Meeting point at the Annecy Municipal Archives at 3, rue du 27e BCA Duration: 1 h 30
From 17/07 to 21/08/2020 every Friday at 10.30 am. Duration: 1 h 30.
Guided tour of the Palais de l’île
The Palais de l’Île is also known as the Old Prisons of Annecy. The visit is included in the guided tour of Old Annecy. There is a guided tour for families on Saturdays in summer from 11 July to 29 August. Visit at 10:30 am on site. Duration: 1 hour.
Guided family tour: Riddles at the Palais de l’Île
A very playful visit to interest children over 8 years old in the history of the Old Prisons. The idea is to escape the surveillance of the guard played by a guide. Adults must be accompanied by children.
Meet in front of the Palais de l’Île. Limited to 15 people per visit. Duration 1 hour.
From 17/07 to 21/08/2020, every Friday at 10.30 a.m. Duration 1 hour 30 minutes.
Full price: 5 €, free for children under 12.
Payment methods accepted: card, cheque and cash.
More info: Palais de l’île d’Annecy
Guided tour of the animation film museum
Every year in June, Annecy hosts the FIFA Animation Film Festival. This international festival has created an important documentary collection in the field of the moving image. Animated films are better known to the general public as cartoons.
More information: Annecy Animation Film Museum
Guided tour of the Château d’Annecy Museum
Guided tours are available on site at a cost of €6.60. They are free for people under 12 years old.
For more information: Château d’Annecy
Guided tour of the Basilica of the Visitation
This religious building overlooking Annecy was built in 1930 by the architect Alfred-Henri Recoura (1864-1940). The bell tower is 72 m high. Magnificent stained glass windows tell the story of the founding saints of the Visitation order: Francois de Sales (1567-1622) and Jeanne de Chantal (1572-1641).
The guided tour lasts 1 hour.
Contactby phone: 04 50 45 22 76
Thematic guided tours to discover the city from an original angle
The city of Annecy can be revealed by choosing guided tours that suggest a precise theme.
- The Albigny district in Annecy-le-vieux: located opposite the lake, this free tour is led by a guide-lecturer approved by the Ministry of Culture. The meeting point is in front of the Sainte-Bernadette church at 10 am every Monday from 13 July to 24 July. You will discover how the opening of the Imperial Palace in 1913 opened up this part of the town to tourism.
- Urban Bestiary in Annecy: this tour allows you to walk around the Old Town with your family to find animals. Riddles and observation games help you understand their roles and uses in the city. This tour leaves from the Tourist Office of Lake Annecy in the Bonlieu centre and costs €6.50, free for children under 12. It is offered from 8 July to 26 August every Wednesday at 10:30 am for a duration of 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- One hour / One heritage: This tour, led by a tour guide, offers to change your view of the town and its architecture by discovering certain facades and remarkable buildings. The theme of this tour is linked to the artist Jean-François Rauzier, who is exhibited at the Annecy Landscape Festival. The visit is free. It starts from the Bonlieu centre every Thursday at 6pm from 2 July to 27 August. The tour lasts one hour.