Nonglard is a small village in Haute Savoie in the Rhone Alps located 10km west of Annecy. The town is bounded on the north by the municipality of Sillingy, east by Poisy, south by Lovagny and west by Vaulx and culminates at 500 meters.
The town covers an area of 412 ha and is part of the community of villages of « Fier and Usses ». The 500 villagers were called « Nonglardiens ». There are currently seven farms in milk production and cattle breeding, as farming is the dominant activity.
The library has about 2000 books and is open on Mondays from 4:30 p.m. to 5:45 p.m. and Wednesdays from 2pm to 3pm.
Website : Library of Nonglard
Monuments and Sights
Its bell tower, with a four-sided spire, surmounted by a cross with a rooster, houses two bells. The oldest, known as the great bell, from the Beauquis Brothers of Quintal foundry in 1870, features a decorative pattern on one side with Christ and on the other Madonna with the inscriptions « Sancte Victor et Urse – Orate Pronobis. »
Monument next to the church in memory of the children of Nonglard – Victims of WWI, WII and the War of Indochina.
Chapel of the Immaculate Conception
The chapel of the Immaculate Conception is located in the middle of the hamlet of « Chez Collomb ». Our Lady of Sées (formerly Séez) built by the care and expense of the brothers Francois and Nicolas Poncet , son of Marin Poncet and Franchette Dunoyer.
Services & Administration
Town Hall of Nonglard
1 route du Chef Lieu
Phone : +33 450 605 431
Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
Official Site : Town Council